Ada Annie Swindell 1910 - 1980
The earliest known reference to a Swindell (anywhere) is to William Swyndell in Nottingham in 1434 where he accused of failing to return a horse loaned to him by John Whetely.
The advowson of the vicarage of Brampton in Huntingdonshire was assigned in 1578 to Nicholas Moore, of Alconbury Weston, Huntingdonshire, Edward Swyndell of Little Stewkley of Huntingdonshire and George Swyndell, a yeoman of Weston, Nottinghamshire (20 miles NE of Nottingham)
In 1596 a George Swindill, a collier from Radford just outside Nottingham, married Elizabeth Kaye in St Mary's, Nottingham.
A family of Swindalls became established to the north-west of Nottingham with baptisms and marriages at Greasley from 1640 onwards (John Swindale) and tenancies at Watnall (which lies in Greasley parish) in 1675 and 1738 .
The north-east of the county is adjacent to early Swindale settlement in Lincolnshire - eg William and Katherin baptised in Misson in 1621, 1622 and William, Elizabeth and Edward baptised in Everton in 1625-31.
However Swindells never became widely established in the county before the 19th century despite (presumed) migration from Derbyshire in the west, from Lincolnshire in the east and Leicestershire in the south.
In the 1841 census there are only 19 Swindells living in Nottinghamshire. Five of those are singletons (three born in the county) and then there are three families - none of whose parents were born in the county.